View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
DJ Reminisce

My Ride: Knows Dubstep SUCKS
What is the most rubber to road I can get?

I have been searching, researching, and have found a lot of information, but wanted to be sure before I get ready to potentially purchase some new wheels for the ride now that I just paid her off

2005 330CI
Sportline Springs/Koni Yellow
Almost maxed out camber within specification
Rear fender was slightly rolled, bumper bolt slightly shaved (will probably shave more)

Here is my current setup:
OE 135s (18x8" ET46 front / 18x8.5" ET51 rear)
Stock tire sizes (225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear)
25mm rear spacers and 20mm front spacers (effective ET of 27 front/ET26 rear)

I very rarely ever rub, only at complete compression of the suspension, and I know I will probably need to shave the rear bumper bolts some more as they only very rarely scrape at full compression)

Here is what I want to go to:
ARC-8 (18x9.5" ET35 all around)

My question is, how much tire can I have on this setup? I really want to have as much rubber to the road, don't want to have much of a stretch either, because it will just increase my wheel gap, so please help! Based on what I have read, I can do a 255/35 all around, which on the ARC-8 wheels would be virtually square, but would that give me enough clearance all around? Could I pull off a 265/40?

Also, I have been searching for days, but haven't seen a picture exactly from the front of a coupe with this setup to confirm how much poke there will be in the front, as I really dont want to go that route either.

Please help experts! I don't plan on going with coilovers or any lower, as I drive this car hard, so I am also open to different wheel widths/offsets, but I just have to have concavity!

Thanks in advance

Amber LED Corners/6k HID Fogs/LED Interior_Shadow Emblems
500W_RE Audio_Hertz Components

House Mixes:
DJ Reminisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.