View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #50
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Now lets proceed. What round does more damage to a human, a 223 or a .45acp hollow point....or even a 9mm HP. Lets also keep in mind that a bullet is even more lethal when lodged.
As the saying goes: Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

We could let people own all the guns they want, and outlaw the owning of bullets. After all, the 2nd Am is the right to keep and bear arms, not the right to keep and bear projectiles.

The fact of the matter remains, it has been ruled by the SCOTUS that restrictions on the possession of certain guns is constitutionally acceptable. As I recall, the AW ban put in place under the Clinton admin was upheld as constitutional as well. So there is constitutional precedent for such a ban.

So to those that say any type of AW ban is a violation of the 2nd amendment, I would suggest you look back at when this constitutional question has been raised before. The results may surprise you. But, that may be to much work, rather than a knee jerk reaction not based on reality.

And for those, like that "CEO", it is a pity that if an AW ban is imposed under previous constraints ruled as constitutional by SCOTUS, they would gladly violate the constitution and the constitutional rights of all citizens. After all, actions in violation of the constitutional powers of the judicial branch, Article III of the constitution, violates the constitutional rights of all citizens. But, they seem ignorant of that portion of the constitution. It appears for these people, ignorance is bliss, and that is truly pitiable.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote