View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #53
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
As the saying goes: Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

We could let people own all the guns they want, and outlaw the owning of bullets. After all, the 2nd Am is the right to keep and bear arms, not the right to keep and bear projectiles.

The fact of the matter remains, it has been ruled by the SCOTUS that restrictions on the possession of certain guns is constitutionally acceptable. As I recall, the AW ban put in place under the Clinton admin was upheld as constitutional as well. So there is constitutional precedent for such a ban.

So to those that say any type of AW ban is a violation of the 2nd amendment, I would suggest you look back at when this constitutional question has been raised before. The results may surprise you. But, that may be to much work, rather than a knee jerk reaction not based on reality.

And for those, like that "CEO", it is a pity that if an AW ban is imposed under previous constraints ruled as constitutional by SCOTUS, they would gladly violate the constitution and the constitutional rights of all citizens. After all, actions in violation of the constitutional powers of the judicial branch, Article III of the constitution, violates the constitutional rights of all citizens. But, they seem ignorant of that portion of the constitution. It appears for these people, ignorance is bliss, and that is truly pitiable.
So you would rather have people make their own ammo at home out of rusty nails and glass then?

The point is simple. A 9mm or a 45 is more lethal than a 223. A 223 is a smaller round, and it is a sharper round with more penetrating power. It will go through a person where a 9mm or a 45 will get lodged, causing infection, sepsis, and a heap of other lethal issues. If anyone knew what they were talking about (legislators and politicians) they would understand that an AR is LESS lethal than a handgun. A AR is also harder to use on the move. A telescoping stock and a pistol grip does nothing for a weapon's lethality, and neither does a barrel shroud. An AR is far harder to conceal. An AR is more awkward to use to someone that is not trained. Anyone who knows anything about guns would know this...but the people who pass laws regulating weapons are completely clueless. Oh, and lets not forget that it is mechanically the same to any hunting rifle. If you cannot admit that this ban is nothing more than a political big d!ck contest that will sound all good and tough on paper but accomplish nothing, you need a reality check. Furthermore, thanks to the loom of this ban, more ARs have been sold in a few months than would normally sell in almost 5 years....so MORE ARs are now on the street. I wasn't even planning on getting one, but I just bought 4.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 01-11-2013 at 11:58 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote