View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #57
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
So you would rather have people make their own ammo at home out of rusty nails and glass then?
Facetiousness is lost on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
The point is simple. A 9mm or a 45 is more lethal than a 223. A 223 is a smaller round, and it is a sharper round with more penetrating power. It will go through a person where a 9mm or a 45 will get lodged, causing infection, sepsis, and a heap of other lethal issues. If anyone knew what they were talking about (legislators and politicians) they would understand that an AR is LESS lethal than a handgun. A AR is also harder to use on the move. A telescoping stock and a pistol grip does nothing for a weapon's lethality, and neither does a barrel shroud. An AR is far harder to conceal. An AR is more awkward to use to someone that is not trained. Anyone who knows anything about guns would know this...but the people who pass laws regulating weapons are completely clueless. Oh, and lets not forget that it is mechanically the same to any hunting rifle. If you cannot admit that this ban is nothing more than a political big d!ck contest that will sound all good and tough on paper but accomplish nothing, you need a reality check. Furthermore, thanks to the loom of this ban, more ARs have been sold in a few months than would normally sell in almost 5 years....so MORE ARs are now on the street. I wasn't even planning on getting one, but I just bought 4.
The point is, "good law" or "bad law", there are bans on AW that are constitutional (at least under current rulings).
You may not like it or agree with it, but, it is the constitutional reality. One must understand and embrace this. The USSC has made ruling I don;t like or agree with. I still don't think corporations are "citizens", but, it is the constitutional reality. One acknowledges this and moves on.

You want to talk about potential. Then lets talk about potential. One of the issues with certain AW is their capability to be converted from semi-auto to full-auto. You want to talk about potential damage. A full-auto AW can spit out enough rounds to cut a person in two. That is a far more lethal capability than any handgun. And before all the chiming in about "oh those conversions hardly ever happen." Well, perhaps my perspective is different, since I knew a guy who got popped for doing such conversions in 1985. Did at least 12 years, hard time. Any machinist worth his/her salt can make the parts required for the conversion. And once they have made the part once, making dozens is much easier and quicker. So if you wish to speak about potential harm, you need to consider all potentials contained within the weapons, not just bullets.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote