View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Getted screwed over by a fanatic!

I got in touch with a fanatic who was looking to trade his resonated super sprint xpipe for a non-resonated version. Everything was going well, we were going to cross ship parts with no cash exchanged (I paid shipping both ways).

Fast forward, my car has been in the shop for two weeks because he has not sent his part back. He told me several times that it should have shipped. Sure enough, he was waiting until my part arrived to ship his to me. He got the part and claimed it was fake. I told him to contact super sprint and verify the serial number. Knowing the part is genuine, I was a little upset that he was being a jerk about the process, but not all too worried. He told me he should be getting conformation back from supersprint on the serial number on wednesday, but I haven't heard from him since (I sent him two texts yesterday and two today with no response).

I have his address, email address, cell phone number and e46fanatics screenname (which I'm not going to release just in case he follows through. If he doesn't, you can be damn sure his sn will be posted). I was able to lookup the address and get a name as well, but I believe the address is his parents as the name I found was the name of a doctor and the person in question clearly stated he worked as a mechanic. I'm guessing he lives at home (maybe Dr. Dad bought him is M ).

My question is: what options do I have. The person in question is from a different state. Can I take him to small claims court? Can criminal charges be filed? At this point I either want the part I was promised, or my old part + the cost of the shipping labels and labor to get the part removed and put back on.
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.