View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #9
TSR6

My Ride: Keg Sled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
What distances are you looking to shoot, and what's your budget (or will it be another "$500")?
Good question.

Likely it will end up being a "$200" scope, because obviously the scope would never be more than the rifle........

I'm not very familiar with the AR platform, nor the .223/5.56 ballistics. You have to remember I'm a hunter just finally getting my feet wet in a "fun" gun to shoot. I honestly don't know what ranges to expect as a maximum. I've only shot so far at ~50-60 yards so far, likely 10-15 rounds out of my gun in the two trips I've been able to make to this hunting land since my purchase..

I'm used to shooting all my guns at 100-150 yards. At the land I shoot at, we've got a dirt mound, stakes at 100 & 150 yards with a bench at the 150 yard stake (which incidentally the wood finally collapsed on me while sighting in my 300wsm this year ha!)

I'd want something that I can shoot at decent ranges, be highly accurate, and have some fun. It seems that there are quick-release style mounts to pull a scope off in tactical situations and/or still be somewhat accurate when reattached?

Regardless, I will NOT buy cheap scopes. I've seen the difference personally. I have some Leupold scopes, and the "cheapest" scope I have on any of my guns is a Weaver.