View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:13 AM   #9
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Onalaska, WI
Posts: 582
My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Originally Posted by Phantoms69 View Post
OP - yes you can file in small claims court and request to cover the total cost of what you have put out. You would have to file in his state as that is where the "incident" occurred. As far as criminal charges, that would be harder. You would have to be able to prove that he "intentionally" intended to fraud you to profit personal gain. If you could prove that then it could fall under Internet Fraud, but that might be very hard to prove. I would contact the courts in the city where he resides and question what the cost is for filing a small claims suit. Maybe armed with that information you could contact him and tell him that you are prepared to proceed with the suit and he will complete is part of the deal. Good Luck.
Thanks for the info, I've never had to do anything like this before. Guess I'm a little naive and prefer to see people as good, well meaning people. Typically, would one need to be present at court if a suit was filed?
"When makin' a questionable decision, sometimes the only way to find the answer is to shut your eyes & mash the pedal to the metal, you guys."
-Karl Welzein
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote