View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #41
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
If he lags and you crash, he'll probably respawn in another car.
This isn't feasible yet.. and it goes hand in hand with the automated driving thing..

GPS.. accurate mappings of roads, etc..

%99.5 is taken care of by people in a "call center"... the rest is GPS, computer programming, etc..

as much as i hate to say it. eventually... computers will be able to drive cars with a lower accident percentage than people... once that happens.. once that happens... insurance will get on board. less accidents for automated cars than real people..
it will be rocky at first. large cities, then small cities..............

i am probably crazy and wrong..

i want to to drive my car. i like driving..
but.. if i decide to get drunk, or do other drugs.. then, why not let me car drive me back... especially if there is a real person controlling it...

in the short term.. it will be "cool"... i drove a guy's maseratti back from the bar.. or an m3. or a tesla type s. or anything..

it won't work with manual cars. but... the huge number of "drive by wire" cars.. done... i need to go to toyota, and work it out on lame ass cars..

saturn used to be the car company for people that hate cars. it is the prius now..

do you trust prius drivers more, or some guy in a call center who is driving their car as part of their job?
think about it.. just think....