I'm looking for any recommendations on parts selection. Here's what I have planned for:
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
- improved wet weather traction vs PS2 (good for Vancouver)
- I like my current PS2 so something equivalent or better is what I want.
Koni FSD Struts and Shocks
- considered Bilstein Sport but Iím concerned the ride might be too harsh
- considered Bilstein Touring but might be downgrade from existing
- considered Koni Sport but it seems FSD on-the-fly adjustments is better
- I am concerned about pre-tensioning these without the correct tool
- should I use poly to avoid this problem?
Lemfoerder Sway Bar End Links
- not sure any particular brand matters here.
OEM Sway Bar Bushings
- Some comments that Powerflex polyurethane squeak. That would drive me nuts.
ECS Carbon Fiber Strut Bar Kit
- undecided on this but it sounds like it will make a difference
- if this is just bling, Iíd rather not add this
- currently not in the plan. Price may force this out.
- is this upgrade really worth the $400 price tag?
- will this add any harshness to the ride? I like firm but not harsh.
- currently not in the plan. This seems to be an ďif it ainít broke donít fix itĒ part.
- no plans on lowering the vehicle, Iím fine with it as is.
- That said, the measured ride height with 225/45R17 winter tires is 582 mm front and rear which seems low in the front and high in the rear compared with the specs in Bentley manual of 589 mm front and 554 mm rear for sport suspension.