View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #34
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilone View Post
Do you have personal experience with the Euro formula (part# starting with EUR)?

We sell litterally hundreds of Akebono pads annually including a substantial number of the Euro pads. One of our large wholesale chains sells them exclusively for their top tier brake jobs and we have yet to receive one complaint or warranty from them. I have also sold many, many sets to other customers including end users that rave about them so I must respectfully disagree.
This is hilarious.

Yes I have tried them on an xi and an accord. They are a substantial downgrade to oem in stopping power.

Generic parts guys advice is a complete waste of time guys. They are just trying to sell you a product that you won't bring back to the store because they squeal or fall apart in a year, while maximizing profit.

This is an enthusiast website. You're trying to push an inferior product in front of people that wouldn't buy anything but oil and wipers for their BMW from the napa or pep boys you sell jobber parts out of. I think most of us do our own brakes, but if we didnt we most likely wouldn't use a shop that buys parts from your store either.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote