View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 AM   #7
zaharias

My Ride: Now has a 3lt :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
if your only asking the question what is more reliable. i would assume that a stock motor is always going to be more reliable than one with aftermarket FI on it....

im currently doing a s54 swap into my sedan that started as a 328i.. It deffinitly would have been a more difficult for me to choose the route i wanted to go in if i started with a 330.

that said, ill be very happy when i have a 350 hp N/A 6 cylinder engine under the hood of my e46 sedan. and now there is the option to add FI to the S54 and we have all seen what that is capable of.

the best option with the least expense for the ammount of benefit you will get is to just buy a e46 m3...
I called a junk yard and they gave me a price of 7K euro + shipping + fitting services+++.. when the cheaps M3s are sold @10K euros..!!
Even if i find a cheap 5K euros M3 E46 complete engine swap.. you don't know what will it be.. You will never learn the milage+ we all know the common failures of the S54..
These are some reasons of giving a +1 to the M54+F/I vs the S54..

I would love to buy an M3.. BUT.. i can't sell my 330Ci.. Also i can't trade it plus 5-6K euros to buy a proper ///M.. They were asking me to pay 10K+ for an M that i would have to spend another 5K to be proper!!!

So as you can see.. "the best option with the least expense for the ammount of benefit you will get is to just buy a e46 m3..." is going with F/I..
When with small cost you can add new piston rings, valves etc at the M54 and going F/I rather than going S54.. that also the parts are more expensive.. if future possible failure occurs..

(S54 furure F/I is not an option for me..)

Iam comfused..

Last edited by zaharias; 01-13-2013 at 03:02 AM.
zaharias is offline   Reply With Quote