View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #60
AndyN

My Ride: ESS TS2 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
Ok calm down
There is a chance ESS changed the design but when I got the kit (aug 2010) they only had one size rubber/silicone intake hose to go from the MAF to TB. For 325 they supplied rubber step down rings to adjust for smaller diameter of 325 intake parts. The silver clamps are the same.
There is a chance that the system worked without those rings if the clamps were really tight. But if there was a leak it would add unmetered air into the system.

Physically the intake would install that way (with step down ring on the MAF side) but I'm not sure what it would do to the engine management. I would get the new MAF. Afterall getting more air into the engine is the whole point. More air = more power.
Ya I get you. Im just being a cheap ass at the moment! haha Ill just go order from turner

Total cost so far in euro
Engine 1100
ESS parts and tune 1450
Shipping to ESS 80
Throttle Body 80
Subframe reinforcement, stuart water pump mechanical belt tensioner fuel filter 700
Subframe Polybushes 160
Total 3570

Along with spending 1000 on getting my e30 up and running. needed new fuel tank and coilovers and bushes and hoses!

Cant wait for next month, Both cars will be fully operational again! Then NO MORE MODS!! haha

Fuel Filter