View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #40
tomoyer

My Ride: 03 325xi, 03 330xi
Send a message via Yahoo to tomoyer
chilone, I also have over 30 years of automotive experience (over 23 years of it as the Lead Prototype and Tooling Developer for a major OE supplier to the likes of GM, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, AM General, as well as Peterbuilt, Kenworth, Mack, just to name a few (I'm one of the front lines guys responsible for GM to have a missing year Corvette), and expertise and have been "whacked" by Kubica several times. I have full ceramic pads on both my '03 325xi and on my '03 330xi sport with cross-drilled rotors and stainless steel brake lines using ATE Super Blue fluid. Not a problem or complaint here. The 325xi sees spirited driving every day of the week, as I drive for work. There is no fade when they are warmed up, no noise (other than on a cold and damp day with first light brake application backing out of the driveway) and they dust very little (wheels stay clean all week long (both inside and out). Brake pads, brake rotors are like engine oil, everyone has their favorites and ones that they dislike for one reason or the other; that type of experiences, pro and con is what should be written here so that those that ask questions and for advise can read the pros and cons and make a better educated guess relating to their question.
tomoyer is offline   Reply With Quote