Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
My Ride: E46 M3
APEX | 17" ARC-8 Track Wheels - New Year Group Buy
Group Buy - APEX 17" ARC-8 Lightweight Wheel
After numerous requests from forum members over the past few months, we are now hosting a Group Buy for the 17" ARC-8 flat face wheels! There are fitments for the E36, E36 M3, E46, Z4, and Z3.
The Group Buy will be listed on multiple forums where we will be monitoring and updating all Group Buy threads: M3Forums, Bimmerforums, E46Fanatics, and Bimmerpost.
Spread the word, because the more members that sign up, the lower the price will be for everyone!
If you're interested in the EC-7 wheels, APEX will be having a group buy after this one closes. Be sure to look for updates with information on the EC-7 Group Buy here and on our Facebook page!
17x8.5" ET40 Anthracite ARC-8's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Star Spec tires
Group Buy Discounts and Sizes
There is no minimum member requirement to receive the 1st tier discount of Free Shipping!
We've had great success with our previous ARC-8 wheel Group Buys that hit the top level discount tier multiple times - Lets do it again!
ARC-8 Sizes Available:
Wheels can be purchased in any combination (square or staggered) from the below list.
No other sizes or combinations are available.
17X8.5" ET40 - 17.20lbs - Retail $249
17x9.0" ET42 - 17.80lbs~ Retail $259
Official Paid List
Username / Size / Finish / Forum
2. Juan H.
3. Greg L.
4. Nathaniel T.
5. Kirk S.
6. Jean-Philippe R.
8. Tim W.
7. Mark F.
8. Bruce H..
9. John G.
10. Eric H.
11. Justin S.
12. Robert M.
13. Darryl M.
14. Marshall G.
15. Sherman L.
16. Douglas G.
17. Jakub O.
18. Camine C.
19. Tin B.
20. John B
21. Edgar C.
22. Stefan W.
23. Duncan D.
24. Tom W.
25. Norm B.
26. Rodney H.
27. Jon K.
28. Tammer F. (Set 1)
29. Tammer F. (Set 2)
30. Jerry L.
31. Jared H.
32. James D.
33. Alexander M.
34. Eric P.
35. Christopher H.
36. James D.
37. Scott C.
38. Christopher W. (Set 1)
39. Christopher W. (Set 2)
40. Edmund S.
41. William R.
42. Kenneth R.
43. Umer R.
44. Jim B.
45. Harvey N.
46. Howard M.
47. Francois M. (Set 1)
48. Francois M. (Set 2)
49. Guillermo S.
50. Luke P.
51. Malcolm G.
52. Kerry W.
53. Daniel A.
54. Manuel R. (Set 1)
55. Manuel R. (Set 2)
56. Brian H.
57. Norman S.
58. Kerry J.
59. Kian K.
60. Danh P.
61. Benjamin M.
62. Alan C.
63. Carson R.
64. Blake C.
65. Rebecca S.
Unofficial "Feeler" List
Username / Size / Finish / Forum
1. 99Mpower / 17x9" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
2. Jrotax101 / 17x9" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
3. Evice / 17x9" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
4. Dadofour / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
5. Economist / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
6. Thecarguy / 17x9" / Hyper Black / E46Fanatics
7. Wilhit10 / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / M3Forums
8. JBURGS47 / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
9. Indyjon / 17x9" / Satin Black / M3Forums
10. sclark900 / 17x9" / Hyper Black / M3Forums
11. william0106 / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / M3Forums
12. tammer / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
13. tammer / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
14. rcsummers / 17x9" Anthracite / E46Fanatics
15. gobuffs / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
16. gobuffs / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
17. sgdfx30 / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / M3Forums
18. Rosario626 / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
19. HaraM3 / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
20. silvertige / 17x8.5" / Anthracite / Bimmerforums
21. dphan832 / 17x9" / Anthracite / Bimmerforums
22. alwaysbored786 / 17x9" / Hyper Silver / E46Fanatics
23. southpaw / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
24. 99M3Cab / 17x8.5" / Anthracite / Bimmerforums
25. csnight / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / M3Forums
26. cloudbase / 17x9" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
27. Logan175 / 17x8.5" / Anthracite / E46Fanatics
28. Bmil951 / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / M3Forums
29. mrclam / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
30. Zoupe6 / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
31. Satoru A. / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / N/A
32. AC330Ci / 17x9" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
33. jacob220 / 17x8.5" & 17x9" / Hyper Black / e46fanatics
34. dbla7 / 17x9" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
35. SilverAP1 / 17x9" / Anthracite / Bimmerforums
36. SilverAP1 / 17x9" / Anthracite / Bimmerforums
37. navalhawkeye / 17x8.5" / Anthracite / Bimmerforums
38. racey BMW / 17x9" / Hyper Black / e90post
39. bmwnutt / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
40. bokene39530i / 17x9" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
41. Oscypek / 17x9" / Anthracite / Bimmerforums
42. unloadedAK / 17x8.5" & 17x9" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
43. douggla / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
44. warptkid / 17x9" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
45. warptkid / 17x9" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
46. curbing / 17x8.5" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
47. E39SD / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
48. TOOLEAN / 17x9" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
49. Manuel R / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / N/A
50. Manuel R / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / N/A
51. Norm S / 17x8.5" ET40 & APEX 20mm spacers / Anthracite / N/A
52. Todd. S / 17x9" / Hyper Black / N/A
53. Marshall G. / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / N/A
54. Jared H / 17x9" / Hyper Black / N/A
55. Jean P. / 17x9" / Hyper Black / N/A
56. Veljko / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / N/A
57. MoMurderah / 17x9" / Anthracite / E46Fanatics
58. Kaizen / 17x9" / Satin Black/ Bimmerforums
59. faternal / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
60. Koreyy / 17x9" / Hyper Black / e90post
61. Eric H. / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / e46fanatics
62. tuckersmg / 17x9" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
63. CAPP07 / 17x9" Satin Black / Bimmerforums
64. howom3 / 17x8.5" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
65. Xavier / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / N/A
66. Xavier / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / N/A
67. Trackout / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
68. racing7 / 17x9" / Anthracite / Bimmerforums
69. François M. / 17x9" / Hyper Silver / N/A
70. LaserAWD / 17x9" / Satin Black / Bimmerforums
71. Malcolm G. / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / N/A
72. rodhx / 17x9" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
73. crustashio / 17x8.5" / Hyper Black / Bimmerforums
74. Voxx82 / 17x8.5" / Hyper Silver / Bimmerforums
Group Buy Details:
Official Payment collection day starts: February 7th
Official Close Date and last day to pay: February 13th
Product Ship Date: Mid - Late February
- Free Shipping is available to members in the 48 mainland US states. Alaska, Hawaii, and International members will receive a $75 credit off the actual cost of shipping.
- Non-mainland/international members: please contact us prior to ordering for a shipping quote. We'll either send you an invoice, or a code to adjust your order.
- Free shipping and this discounted price are for this product only and does not cover extras added to the cart such as spacers, lugs, center caps or other store products unless those produces also offer free shipping. Adding others parts may result in a shipping fee.
- Due to package sizes, the cart may calculate an unreasonable shipping rate for add on items. If this occurs, contact us prior to checkout, and we will adjust your extra item shipping costs if there is an issue.
- Non Group Buy parts will ship with your wheel order unless requested in the comment field at checkout.
Local Pickup Discount:
- Local customers who pick up their set will receive a $35 discount on their order in lieu of free shipping. Local pickup discounts are provided at time of pickup as a refund, and are not provided in advance. You MUST write "local pickup" in the comment field at checkout so that we do not ship your order. We will call you when your set is ready to schedule a pickup from our Livermore 94550 warehouse.
When do these ship?:
CURRENT ETA: Most orders mid February, remaining orders by end of February.
- This is a Group Buy. Wheels do not ship the day after making payment like a traditional order.
- 80% of order should ship out by end of February. Some will ship immediately. Shipment time is based on availability, and cannot be exactly calculated in advance since wheels are scheduled to arrive at our facility in three shipments throughout February.
- Customs/Port delays can add an extra 1 week delay, but it's rare.
- We cannot guarantee an exact ETA date. Our estimates have historically been conservative and within +/- one week of our ETA date.
- We will keep everyone up to date of even minor changes if they occur via this thread.
- All customer orders will ship out as they become available, after the close date.
- Tracking numbers will be provided to all buyers, and important progress updates will be posted on this forum, and on corresponding product pages.
- Finish availability will be offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The price you pay at sign up is based on how many members are on the feeler list.
- At the close of the Group Buy, everyone's order/payment will be adjusted up or down to the final discount tier reached. In almost all cases, we end reaching higher tier levels, which results in all or most paying members to receive additional discounts.
- In the end, everyone pays the same price.
- There is zero advantage in signing up at the last minute, yet most members still wait till the last 2~ days.
- Early sign-ups promote others to sign-up, and gives confidence to the stragglers. If you know you're buying then pay early to keep the momentum going.
- There are NO refunds on Group Buy orders. Group Buys are special order, which is why payment is taken in advance
- Only replacement of defective, or mis-shipped products are available.
- Members cannot change colors or sizes after item receipt for Group Buy orders.
- These products are priced at promotional pricing and do not carry that same return policy as our retail priced items. If you would like a traditional 30 Day return policy then we recommend purchasing at the retail price, and not via the Group Buy.
These are the available ARC-8 finishes.
All APEX wheels are flow-formed resulting in a light weight, track and street worthy wheel. Flow-forming significantly reduces weight in the barrel by rolling the barrel out into it's final shape using large wheels/disks applying high pressure. This step is the same step that monoblock forged wheels go through to shape their barrels. By doing this, the flow-formed wheel's barrel has the same density and strength as the barrel of a fully forged wheel. This significantly reduces rotational mass at the furthest point from the center, which is the most important weight savings area on a wheel.
These wheels are fully JWL/VIA certified. Strength testing was done by the VIA in Japan.
- Comes with carbon-look APEX center caps.
- Accepts OEM Roundel center caps.
- Does not come with valve stems.
- Installs using your factory lugs or a stud conversion.
- BMW hub-centric - no centering rings
- Accepts all wheel spacers including 5mm while still remaining hub-centric.
- TPMS compatible.
Last edited by David@ApexRaceParts; 02-14-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Reason: Auto-save 1360867068