So far today's tests have worked pretty well with only one failed connection out of quite a few runs. I've refined my startup and shutdown process as the following:
- turn on hotspot on cell phone as you are getting in car
- turn on car
- if Dynavin not turned on, turn on Dynavin
- wait until dynavin side has fully booted
- press Navi
- wait approximately 1 min after android boot completion to confirm wifi, bluetooth and GPS connections
- End apps and go to home screen
- Shut off vehicle with Android screen at home page
At next car start Dynavin will start with car, but will need to be switched to Android as directed.
This should help the wifi sign-on from the Dynavin, however a lot depends on your hotspot.