View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #36
zaharias

My Ride: Now has a 3lt :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Man if you love the car just go FI on it! You know what engine is in it, you have done your own maintenance on it and you want to make more power. It makes sense to go FI. It will give you close to the power of the m3 without the insurance and road tax of an m3!

I have the ESS unit but I put it on an old 325 running on the wrong tune etc and as a result blew the engine but I am currenntly spending Shed loads of money putting a 3.0L engine in and transferring my ESS unit over to it. Financially it would make much more sense to go out and buy an m3 but if you are already heavily modified or have an unexplainable love for your current car just go do it!!

The torque and low rpm boost of an ESS unit has made me take out a loan to get it back up and running, thats how much love I have for ESS! haha
You got my point man..
It's not only that i love my car.. and that i ve spent a lot of money into it since 2007..
It' difficult to find a good decent ///M here, selling mine + some cash.. they want me to pay 10K+, money that i have, but don't want to spend cause i believe it's not worth it.. As i said before, good Ms sell here around 18-22K, but they are n't interested in trade.. everybody with the economic crisis wants cash!!!! They don't buy expensive cars and cars over 2000cc..
And yes.. the insurance and road tax of an m3 is an extra cost.. which here in Greece is alot (1.100 euro is the road tax for the M3!!!!!).
I belive ESS is the best..
I wanna first check the condition of my motor.. (compression test etc)
G power has some afordable kits that are reliable cause ESS gets a little higher than i want..