View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
ragtop69

My Ride: 2004 bmw 330 conv.
Headlight problem 2004 adaptive

I have a 2004 330 convertible and the other day when I was driving, the passenger headlight got bright for a few seconds, then went out and i got the light out indicator on the dash. I switched the headlight off and then back on and it came on for a few minutes but then went out again and has been out ever since. I assumed it was the bulb and bought 2 new Philips OEM bulbs. I replaced the bulb and it still did not work so I tried the other new bulb and it did not work either. I tried swapping the ignitor (the square box that attaches to the back of the bulb with a 3 pin connector going to it) from the drivers headlight to the passenger headlight and vice versa. The passenger bulb still did not light and the drivers light did light so the ignitor appears to be good. I have done a bunch of forum searching and many people mention changing/swapping the ballast but I can't find any info on where the ballast is (if there is one) on a car with the adaptive xenons and realoem does not list a ballast as far as I can find. Does anyone know where the ballast would be and how to swap it on a car with the adaptive headlights so I can see if that is the problem. If anyone has any other ideas on what I can try to fix this problem, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
ragtop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.