View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #38
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I was agreeing you with until you posted this.

Not all calories are equal. Even if one is eating below their needed intake there are bad and good calories. There is plenty of studies on the subject. I'm no expert but I have read enough about that area.

Actually eating just needed calories and not working out will make you fat. The body need stimulus to stay fit as it's easier on the body to be fat and not muscular. I don't know where you get this info from.

Yes, people with cardio intense workouts require lots of carbs. More into 40-50% range.

My situation has been good man. Even though I was sick with flu for a week, but I made some good gains after pushing myself in the last 5 weeks. Will post some pics in my progress thread. I was missing few things in my food and workouts were not heavy enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Re-read what I wrote, then read your response. If it makes sense to you, and you think it was an answer to my post, god bless you simple child.

I was stating that pasta, regardless of its makeup, is not healthy. Same with bread. There is no health benefit to it, and definitely many ill effects.

In regards to bodybuilding however, pasta and bread are great sources of carbohydrates and calories, because they are so refined. Insulin is very anabolic. I eat pasta and bread occassionally on workout days because they are so calorie dense, enabling me to hit 3000 plus calories without resorting to mass fat intake (combined with carbs and a caloric surplus it would be a bad idea)

Eating anything in specific won't make you fat, a caloric surplus will. Hence why pasta and bread can and will make you fat if you are sedentary, they are chock full of calories and insulin spiking carbs that have no purpose in the sedentary human.

Guys like m3inline are very active, and I actually believe he couldn't function without eating the way he does, to a certain extent. If he tried to eat 10-20% carbs he wouldn't do very well imo. I've seen him mad for lackluster performance despite eating two peoples daily food intake by lunch!

And based on your posts, and the fact I know you are trying to gain strength, you aren't getting anywhere close to enough calories. Before posting threads like this, you should probably evaluate your own situation.