View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #39
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
If its part of your licensing test, then I won't sit here and disagree with you. Ill just accept that things are different there. I honestly wish driving test were so much stricter over here. To get a license you have to A: breathe oxygen. That's all.

I just never find the need to use my handbrake over my foot brake while driving. It's just not the way I was taught and that's where the difference lies. You drive how you were taught.
Is it really that easy in the US? Here in the UK there are so many ways to fail a driving test its difficult to count them. You can fail if the examiner thinks you didn't use the rear view mirror enough. They are currently talking about adding a motorway driving component to the test even though motorways are by far the safest place to be in a car. They are over the top to be honest. Obsessed with road safety. We have about 1,800 road deaths a year. When you consider there are probably 3 or 4 billion road journies a year that's ridiculously small. Yest the motorist is considered public enemy No 1. We have 6,000 deaths a year in our dirty hospitals. That's people who go into hospital perfectly healthy, catch a bug and die as a result. Something seriously wrong with the priorities in this country.
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote