View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #47
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
My driver's test was about 1 mile total length with 2 stop signs and a left hand turn. The parallel parking thing is a myth unless you live in a city. I learned to drive in a 2000 Cadillac Escalade so I can park anything anyway. Luckily I'm actually not a moron, but imagine a 16 year old girl behind the wheel of a 5000 lb Chevy Tahoe. They suck at driving and sadly enough often kill people on the interstate because they are so ****ing stupid. I wish our driver's test was much more difficult. I would still pass easily, but I want many of these people off the road. You know 90% of people don't even know that you drive in the right lane and pass in the left. They just drive in the left the whole time, slowly, creating parades on the interstate. Some people like to see how long they can take to pass a 70 foot long, 75,000 pound tractor trailer. I believe the record is a 0.01 mph speed differential that I have experienced. You just have to hang back and watch them die if something happens.

UK population is around 80 million I think. Traffic deaths per capita is a bad number to go by though. Americans drive WAY more than Europeans. I probably drive more every day than 90% of Europenas in a week. The best number to use for safety comparisons is deaths per mile traveled.
What do you mean by "the parallel parking thing" is a myth?
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote