View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #111
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Wat r u talking about

isn't this a BMW owners wet dream, a drivers oriented cockpit

and how are you judging "areas of improvement" based off a 3D render...

Too much empty space between certain parts bin switches from other GM cars. Notably to the left of the Navigation screen which doesn't look nearly as fit and finish in a rendering, which should look perfect, as an bmw/audi/mercedes/porsche interior. All of these marque's have vehicles in the Corvette's price bracket and market to one extent or another. I would also point out the ***** drowning of carbon fiber "accents" in the cabin, because we know for just over 50k there won't be any real carbon fiber inside. Lastly Odds are the seats themselves will still get gripes and complaints for not being supportive enough, looking at the bottom bolstering.

Just for giggles look at this bmw e30 interior with it's level of fit and finish from over twenty plus years ago

every switch is articulated towards the driver and oriented in a manner that doesn't leave huge gaps like that in the corvette. Also note the proper bolstering of the seats in the car as well. Before you go and say well that's an M3, the M3 is a price and performance competitor.