View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
petik

My Ride: 04 M3 Convertible
Question Seat folding problems E46 M3 vert

I bought an E46 M3 vert a little over 6 months ago and love it, but just like with any other used car I've had to repair a number of items. I'm nearing the bottom of my list with little annoyances and wanted to see if anyone has seen this before I rip into it exploration-style.

Two issues:

1) The driver seat (primarily, passenger also does this, but it's much less pronounced) has significant give in the hinge that tilts the back of the seat wrt the bottom. This is most obvious when doing some aggressive breaking, you can feel the back of the seat tilting forward slightly and your upper body moves towards the steering wheel. In daily driving it's almost unnoticeable, but it's clearly not intended to be this way. I track cars on the weekends and would definitely not take the car on the track with seats that move like that. I did check the bolts that bolt the seat to the floor and those are fine as well as the rails on which the seat sits. It seems to be in the hinge or some other part. A guide or ideas on what to rip into would be very helpful.

2) The passenger seat used to slide forward when I would lift the folding lever . Now it only folds. I'm not sure if the driver seat was supposed to do the same, but it never has. Is there a way to fix this so the seat will slide again? It doesn't feel like anything is broken - was wondering if I accidentally disabled it somehow.

The seats are power and memory, not heated.

Appreciate any insight into this...
petik is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.