View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #12
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Yeah I'm trying to decide how to handle this install as I'll be running FI and want to get the most out of it but in a safe fashion that isn't violating laws left and right.

- Leave on factory headers/cats : lose power but seemingly would stay legal. Likely burn out the cat quickly from extra heat
- Install performance headers with no cats : gain power but will not be street legal.. nice thing is md only does emissions once ever other year so I'd have a two year window if i passed and then did the install
- Install performance headers, universal cats, and o2 sensor : seemingly would be best of all worlds but will be costly for custom welding

Last question is around the tune... is the AA factory tune ok with the above... perhaps runs better with one than the other?
AA Stage2 tune is design to run with the Post o2 turned off. As it will impact the performance of the Tune if the Post o2 is on and getting the wrong reading...

-Anthony
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote