View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #43
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Perhaps ruined was too strong a word.

I wasn't meaning to say he won't ever be chosen to play as a pro, but I'm still of the opinion his chances to be a significant pro have been severely hurt. He seemed to be pretty well tee'd up. Of course we can never prove/disprove that without a crystal ball.

I'll admit, though, I'm not a college sports fan, so maybe I don't fully appreciate how these things play out...but it certainly seems like this was a planned thing and that makes him look like a nut.
Concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
It could be true, I had an online relationship with a girl in college. We talked and chatted online everyday for two weeks. When we were on the phone and her friends asked her who she was talking to and she said, "my boyfriend." I've only seen her pictures, there were no skype or facetime back then. If someone told me she died, I would definitely believe it. As strange as it sounds, you develop strong feelings for that imagery person. So I don't doubt his story.
Honestly, 2 weeks is a little different scope of trying to hold something like this together than the time frame being discussed with Te'o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3 View Post
Dude, it will be easy to get to the bottom of it all. Just get his phone records/chats with her.
Who's going to do that? Unless there's suspicion of a crime, LEO isn't going to care about this. And unless he's willing to turn them over or someone hacks him, it would take a subpoena to get them.

If in fact he's gay and this whole thing was a cover for him not doing any chicks while he was in college, it will be interesting to see how the NFL deals with that. A high draft pick that's been outed as gay would be a media spectacle of extraordinary scale.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote