View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
stylzs

My Ride: 2001 330 vert
HELP : car wont start, code P0171/P0174

So my car started acting up about a month ago at a traffic light, wanting to die and no matter how much i hit the gas peddle it wouldnt go over 3k-4k rpm but little by little i managed to get it home where it finally died. so i turn the key and it cranks but nothing so i got the scanner and got the codes P0171/P0174.....so ive been spending about a month on here reading up on the causes and problems and heres what ive done so far :

checked all fuses in fuse box and all are good
replaced fuel filter
replaced fuel pump (i can hear it turn on and off)
replaced spark plugs
replaced air filter
cleaned the MAF sensor
checked all the boots for tears and are all good
checked the nipple on the fuel rail today and a lot of fuel came out

so i went to jump the car (since its been stopped for about a month) and left the cables on the battery for about 5 minutes and turn the key and NOTHING....fuel pump turns on, engine cranks and turns over, but doesnt start

Can anyone help me??? i dunno what else to do but take it to the mechanic maybe i missed something??

Could it be a bad battery??? i noticed that after i remove the jumper cables, the car doesnt turn over and theres a clicking noise when i turn the key but all the lights and flicker with the clicking noise for like 5 minutes and then dies???

UPDATE fuel lines were crossed when i changed my fuel filter car running smoother then ever....thanks for the help guys, surprised no one thought of this tho lol

thanks guys

MODS MAINTENANCE

M3 Mirrors

Last edited by stylzs; 01-31-2013 at 05:23 PM.
stylzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.