View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
sgoetz628

My Ride: 2002 330 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by petik View Post
1) good point on the pin. any idea on what the assembly of that looks like? is there a pin on both sides of the hinge, because it feels like the right side of the seat tilts more than left
2) i have the same type of seat as you: electric, but not heated. mine are with memory, not sure if that makes a difference.

I tried taking a video, but it doesn't show very well:

When you talk about "moving forward" and you said mechanically, do you mean 1) it slides, as though it were spring loaded, or 2) the motor automatically moves it forward, just like when you press the button?

Mine may or may not have moved forward like #2, I just don't remember. But it never moved forward like #1.

And I tested the play in my seats again. Virtually none in the drivers seat, absolutely none in the passenger seat. In an accident, with any play at all, a seatback will gain significant momentum and possibly break right through the latch. I really don't know what the chances are, but I do know that automatic seatbelt tensioners are designed specifically to minimize that momentum.