View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #61
MrWesson

My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Both the Tiahrt Amendment and the provision that requires senate approval to appoint a director to the ATF were passed during the previous administration.

It's not what you think it is.
There is an acting director and deputy director so its not like leadership isn't in place. Obama's current pick for the director seat holds the director seat as we speak so who gives a shi*.

They allowed guns to walk across the border while at the same time criticized americans for being a part of the murders tha took place because of our lax gun control.

2000 guns were put there by the ATF.

On November 23, 2012, two firearms linked to the ATF were found at the scene of a shootout between Sinaloa cartel members and the Mexican military. One of the weapons was an AK-47 type rifle trafficked by Fast and Furious suspect Uriel Patino, and the other was an FN Herstal pistol originally purchased by an ATF agent. Mexican beauty queen Maria Susana Flores Gamez and four others were killed.

Since the end of Operation Fast and Furious, related firearms have continued to be discovered in criminal hands. As reported in September 2011, the Mexican government stated that an undisclosed number of guns found at about 170 crime scenes were linked to Fast and Furious. It is estimated that 200 people have been killed by guns traced to fast and furious.

They are grossly incompetent and Vice crime should be handled at the state level by officers that have a better understanding of whats going on in their backyard.

This has nothing to do with liberal vs conservative as both administrations have allowed this to go on. I simply blame the ATF.

They should be disbanded and responsibilities should be moved to the state level and the FBI.

Last edited by MrWesson; 01-18-2013 at 08:51 AM.
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote