View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #10
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
I will admit that I was surprised when this was not someone looking for opinions about shoving some huge 19's on a 323. Imagine my surprise when you are actually looking for reasonable sizes!
Since you are looking for something suited to your car, have you looked at what Tire Rack offers in very light or lightweight wheels? You can sort their search by wheel weight. There are some decent looking and fairly well made wheels available at less than 18lbs. It would definitely help your car to reduce the weight of the wheels as much as possible.
I bought a set of 17" wheels from Tire Rack for my 330ci, and they weigh 15.4lbs each, which was a big drop from the 25+lbs that my factory wheels were. Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer those particular wheels any more. But there wheels available that are less than 18lbs. Reducing the weight of your wheels is one of the best way to improve the acceleration and feel of a car, especially a 323. Any increase in weight would definitely slow your car down. So, maybe try searching some of the really lightweight wheels, and see if there is something you may like!
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote