View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #12
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
While the thread is started, what are good budget tires?
Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110's are a pretty well rated tire for the price. They can make a decent showing with some of the most expensive tires available, according to the Car and Driver tests I have seen over the past few years. In fact, they outperform some of the big brands that cost 2 or 3 times as much. I just bought a set for my 2001 Eclipse GT, which is very sensitive to cheap tires. It is particularly sensitive to sidewall strength, since it is a heavy car, with a fairly stiff suspension. I tried a set of Sumitomo's HTRZ III, and it felt like crap. It was constantly rolling over onto the sidewall. So, I went back to the Goodyear Eagle GT's it came with. But, I have to say, the new Hankooks feel just as good as the Eagle GT's, actually, they feel better. I am quite happy with them on this car.
But, I have not used them on my e46, since I have a taste for Michelin PS II's, and have stuck with them. There are others on here who do love the Hankooks on their e46's. I may even be tempted to try them, since the Michelins have moved up to the PS III or the Super Sports, which are a big step up in price too.

Last edited by MJLavelle; 01-19-2013 at 04:11 AM.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote