View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
GE Geoff

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
04 ZHP- 18's or 19's???

Hey guys,
I've got an '04 ZHP that i'm looking to get a wheel package for. I've done a ton of research and i'm getting pretty close to decision time. my only real decision at this point is final diameter choice. Obviously I know what 18's look like on her and i've read in a lot of places that this car was made for 18's, but I must admit the 19's are looking really sharp.
I have chosen the VMR V710 Staggered setup to replicate the stock setup.
My question to everyone is this:
How much will the 19's affect my ride/performance? She's a daily driver here in Oklahoma and the highways are decent, but the side roads are not (Ashpalt on Kiamichi clay makes for some really wicked steering feedback sometimes! LOL)
I don't take her to the track but I do take the on/off ramps at 50-60 mph because she handles it SO well.
If I choose the 19's will she loose some of her ability to handle cornering?
Will she rub the fender walls?
I really like the way the 19's fill up the wheel well and I suppose i'm going to have to get a set of spacers to move them out flush with the fenders (SO HOT).

This is the first set of wheels/tires that I have ever purchased and she is also my first Bimmer, so trying to be very cautious here.
Any and all feedback is welcome, especially those that are currently running 19's and their experience with them.

Oh- also Chosen the Hankook Ventus V12's for the rubber, I'm on my second set on the stocks and i like performance/value combination.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.