hotcarl01

My Ride: facelifted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
The things I believe come from:

a. A college education

b. My current advanced degree

c. Independent research that I have performed on my own, and cross-referenced

Sounds like that "useless piece of paper" could do you some good.

You have no idea what I do.

So, in the fashion of douchebaggery, allow me to retort.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue this. It's asinine to even discuss. The point I am making is, to say "College is a useless piece of paper" is quite simply extremely ignorant. If you go for an English degree, then yeah, it will be. If you go for an Engineering degree, then no, it won't be.

You make a lot of money without a college degree. Good for you. I have friends who are day traders and did not go to college; that's not the lifestyle I want to live. I (will) make a lot of money with my college degree. Good for me. That's the lifestyle I want to live after graduation.
You're right, I don't know what you do, but if you want to assume people like myself without a degree will be bagging groceries for work I will go ahead and make rediculous assumptions back at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
So you make 10*8/hour? Good for you, I bill out at almost twice that. Just think of how good you'd be doing if you actually went to college
I made that comment before I actually knew what he made, now I know I make significantly more than 10x him. I have a very busy business, more than 1 million in sales per month, that's my day job. I also own 13 properties, 11 of which I rent out. Those 11 houses as you can probably imagine do very well. By the time I'm 40 I hope to own another 6 properties. I'm 34 right now.

My point is, I got lucky and College would not have made a difference. And......I guess we shouldn't make assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
serious? i could live on half that if i had to.
No you couldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
damn, apparently e46 is now filled with ballers who make 6 figs, bang 10's, and didn't even go to college. times are a changing. looks like i wasted 6 years of my life.
Not a waste, I still wish I had a degree, obviously you are more intelligent after going to school. My wife has two degrees and I respect her so much for it. She couldn't have gotten into teaching without a degree where my career path did not require one.
hotcarl01 is offline   Reply With Quote