View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #91
cak323i

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
I installed my UUC Corsa exhaust at Chad's house this morning. It took Chad and I about 4 hours to get everything installed. The hardest part was getting the old exhaust disconnected from the exhaust manifold. Chad tried using an impact wrench to get the bolts off and one of them snapped. The bolt had been rusted sufficiently and had fused. The three remaining bolts had to be cut off using a torch Chad had conveniently laying around at his backyard shop.

To add to the difficulty, the bolts remained on the exhaust manifold as they were pressed in. Chad had to heat up the exhaust manifold enough that the bolts glowed red from the heat and then used a hammer to pound them out of the manifold. Once the bolts had been removed the fun part began...

Once the old exhaust had been taken out we cleaned and prepped all the connections to the Corsa exhaust and put everything together. I was happy to let Chad keep my OE exhaust since it was a one piece exhaust....my problem of disposing this exhaust was taken care of very easily... Thanks Chad!!!

I have to say this is one of the many things I have done to my ZHP that I really enjoyed doing. It has become a very fun and exciting car to drive, just like my ///M and is what I call my perfect daily driver

It was very cold and windy outside this morning and we were not at a good area to stay warm...
Not a great angle but this is where Chad had to work to remove the old exhaust from the exhaust manifold

New Corsa put together (not tightened) and loosely mounted, waiting for final adjustments...

The new exhaust mounted...looks perfect!

I will get more pictures in the coming months leading to the reunion As for now, I'm really happy with this install
2004 TiAg ///M l BC Racing BR Coilovers l Navigation | BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | OEM black interior retrofit | Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 01-19-2013 at 06:28 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote