View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:51 AM   #31
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoBrian View Post
I think just like when "a gas shortage" incident or demand occurs the price goes up then never comes down because Indistrusty saw that people will pay. Now we have an ammo demand and artificial shortage. You will likely see prices go up,and never come back down. Also some states are toying with the idea of a 50% tax on ammo. Because criminals won't shoot people if bullet prices rise. Buying In bulk now is part paranoid newbs,and also regular shooters that want to buy before prices are inflated to insane amounts.
And buying ammo at retail can be listed privately for almost 100% markup by price gouging dirtbags.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Correct....but not all regular shooters are willing to throw hundreds of dollars for 9mm and 22LR. People like me wait and buy what we can and just limit our range shooting till the paranoia settles. I never thought I would see a shortage of 22LR.

EDIT: Normally before this madness started, I would shoot 400 rounds total a week at the range. Usually 9mm, some 45 and 22. Now I am stuck with just 22 unless I can find 9mm. For me, kinda pointless to go shooting at the range with 100 rounds. I will save it till I get 400 rounds.

Also, I always have at least 2 mags full of home defense/carry rounds for my 9mm, 40, and 10mm, and 45. Needless to say I do not waste that at the range except every year when I rotate ammo and function check. Hell, right now finding Glock 20 15 round mags is almost impossible. All I want are 2 extra.

Last edited by carcus; 01-20-2013 at 12:57 AM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote