View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #93
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Nice updates!

Call me crazy, but I kinda prefer the OEM mirrors to the M3's... While the e46 does have more curves than an e30 or an e36, its still "squared off" in appearance to me. While I can appreciate someone modding the folding M3 mirrors, I just don't think they go as well as the rectangles, but thats just my opinion...

Love the exhaust, I can't wait to do something with mine...
That's the beauty of modding. There are some who prefer the rectangle "Flag-type" mirrors and others who are looking for something different. I kept with BMW styling because I happen to like it so going with the OEM M3 side mirrors seemed the right thing to do. These mirrors add a more aggressive and sporty look to my ZHP and I'm glad I went this route.

When looking at the M3 "reps" I am the first to say that those mirrors do not go with the 3-series lines but the OEM M3 mirrors however are perfect for the 3-series lines. Afterall... they came with the E46 ///M. As for me, I would have these any day over the more boring rectangle "flag-style" sedan mirrors...

@ Marcus, there's nothing crazy about liking the OE Flag-style mirrors. For some this is the perfect setup. Your Imola ZHP looks clean and I can respect you for wanting to keep it that way. The CSL reps didn't come with the ZHP but they do look great on your car! In fact, I'm thinking of doing the same exact thing but keeping to 18" diameter...
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 01-20-2013 at 09:59 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote