View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #104
Mango
Grand Superpatriot Sport+

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
I actually did end up with the Bilstein Touring and I have been very, very happy with them so far. They are said to be 10% stiffer than stock but I wouldn't know what a factory suspension felt like because all my suspension components had 153k miles on them. Both rear shocks were completely dead and I was basically riding on springs. Front struts had some rebound but was extremely slow to and the handling was very sloppy. Car rides 1000 times better and it handles great. I do have some slight understeer at the limit that I completely attribute to my worn, non sporty Continental tires. I'm looking at a few choices and I'm taking the car to get re-aligned in a few weeks because my buddy who did the previous alignment (no charge) didn't have the proper tools for the rear and the car tramlines like crazy.

One very happy BMW owner here. Total suspension rebuilt was $500. That's crazy cheap compared to my old Cadillac.

Awesome!

And thanks Flash for the recommendation on this being stickied. Between the part#s and complete listing, I think it's helpful too!!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote