View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Slipping out of gear? 2002 SMG

I am new to this forum and have a few questions about my '02 smg. I am fairly new to the M3 world and thought to come to you guys first before the dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a 2002 M3 smg with 87,000 miles on it. I bought it from my brother 20,000 miles ago who had bought it new. I have noticed the past couple of months it feels like it is slipping when I accelerate (easy acceleration) then once it catches there are no issues. It only happened when I would stop and accelerate again. Then yesterday right after I got new rear tires installed I was driving home on the freeway and I noticed I was accelerating and my rpm's were going up and I wasn't going slipped out of gear. It did it a handful of times on my 15 mile ride home. Also, I noticed when I was at about 70mph and I let my foot off the gas it would sometimes drop to 0 rpm's.

What am I looking at here? I want to thank you for your time with this noobie post and any help you could offer.

I've never had to turn a wrench on this car yet but I own a Ford F350 diesel 6.0 that constantly keeps me busy. I'm a decent diy'r but don't know much about the M3's.

Thank You!

Chpjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE membership to remove this ad.