View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
Chpjames

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Slipping out of gear? 2002 SMG

Gentlemen,

I am new to this forum and have a few questions about my '02 smg. I am fairly new to the M3 world and thought to come to you guys first before the dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a 2002 M3 smg with 87,000 miles on it. I bought it from my brother 20,000 miles ago who had bought it new. I have noticed the past couple of months it feels like it is slipping when I accelerate (easy acceleration) then once it catches there are no issues. It only happened when I would stop and accelerate again. Then yesterday right after I got new rear tires installed I was driving home on the freeway and I noticed I was accelerating and my rpm's were going up and I wasn't going anywhere....it slipped out of gear. It did it a handful of times on my 15 mile ride home. Also, I noticed when I was at about 70mph and I let my foot off the gas it would sometimes drop to 0 rpm's.

What am I looking at here? I want to thank you for your time with this noobie post and any help you could offer.

I've never had to turn a wrench on this car yet but I own a Ford F350 diesel 6.0 that constantly keeps me busy. I'm a decent diy'r but don't know much about the M3's.

Thank You!

James
Chpjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.