View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #190
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksawmark View Post
I must say this thread has been one of the more fascinating ones I've read. Don't have a clue as to all the math that was applied in the discussion but the conclusions seem to make sense. I was really entertained with the personalities and egos involved. Like watching a funny reality show.

Seriously though, this thread proves that no matter your experience or education, we're all fanatics when it comes to our vehicles. It's what you take away from the threads that's important.
I'm glad you are enjoying it. I was afraid a few of us had run everyone else off with our technical banter.

I can't help but apply my technical training and background to my Bimmer. I work a lot with hot water systems (used to heat buildings), but they are limited to 180F.

I enjoy the arguments I get from our good members. I read what they say and ignore how they say it. I've learned and re-learned a lot through this one thread. Was it Plato who said that truth is arrived at through dialogue?

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote