Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #51
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
You're insane. It is very impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I don't know I single person that can rip out 20 pull ups and some people I know are in very good shape. They might do 20 half pull ups but much like I used to be before talking to everyone here, I cheated on them. Nothing but dead hang now. If I get 6-7 oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
20-30 pull-ups isn't impressive?????? Okay! I rarely see ANYBODY go beyond 15, and that's usually with some kind of half-assed kip. Just for kicks, I'm going to have a friend video tape me tonight AFTER I dead lift, bench AND do four sets of 70 lb. weighted pull-ups. I guarantee that I'll STILL be able to yank 20+ pull-ups.....STRICT.
I'm guessing that's because to most of you strength and being fit equates to lifting and working out in a gym (not a bad thing, to each their own), if you really want to get better at calisthenics though then do calisthenics. Hang around people who do them and you'll know more people who can do 20 pull-ups, hell I've seen a few women get 20 before. Getting off topic but I think it likely has a lot to do with why many here seem to think 20 is some amazing thing...it's not, sorry to burst the bubble.