View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Yeah, it's one of the best. It uses the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw (TBBC) JSP bullet. The FBI uses the same bullet with a 5.56 case and pressure, dubbed the XM556FBIT3, which is even better. If you can find that one, go nuts.
The problem is that Federal Tactical rifle loads are EXPENSIVE, and are around $2/rd. Speer Gold Dot JSPs are half that, as are some other loads. I use the LE223T1 55gr at home, but that's because I got a bunch of it for free from work. The 55gr tends to work better in SBRs.
Other excellent loads are also the Barnes TSX in 45gr, or the 50gr option made specifically for Black Hills. Also, the 70gr TSX performs really well. I have the FBI data, but I can't post any of that stuff on YouTube. The FBI docs puts the Speer GDSP in much better light than ATK does, which is funny.
I would also have no problem using the Federal TRU 55gr BTHP Sierra GameKing or 55gr Nosler Ballistic Tip for HD, as the numbers that are at or inside the ideal range are all from bare gelatin or heavy clothing. The low numbers on them are from the harder barriers, which would not be a major concern for HD. Actually, might not be a bad way to go if you really are concerned about overpenetration in a populated house or apartment.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 01-22-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote