View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #50
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
Hey guys so lately for work i have had to drive an hour each way to work roughly 230 KM each day. Right now my DD is my 98 dodge 2500 Cummins 24 valve. Now it get great Higway MPG for a truck, Im getting around 18 with it. But its costing me over a Grand a month to drive it to work nearly 10K a year. Thats too much for me so im looking for something else I can drive that will cost less.

The two things im looking at right now is the base line civic or a new Jetta TDI but when i went to try and build my own online it dosent let you pick the TDI motor unless you pick the most expensive trim option and with that the car is only going to save me about $1000 a year on fuel which isnt worth it to me. Maybe some one can shed more light on this?

Any other suggestions? If i cant get the TDI in the base line model i think ill be going with a civic
What if you talked with a local vw sales rep? Maybe they will be able to get you the TDI without the expensive trim (please do not flame about sales reps I know it is coming)

Civic should be fine and depending on the wheels it is ok looking when stock so it's not bad.

brown magic
awesomechinz is offline   Reply With Quote