View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by forced240 View Post
I found a couple AR's in store this AM. A Bushmaster M4A2 Patrolmans Carbine and a DPMS Oracle. I plan on keeping the Oracle and selling the Bushmaster. I don't want to make any profit on the gun, just want to pass it on to someone who is looking. Is it legal to sell across state lines without using an FFL?
No, not if you are shipping it.

I guess if you were meeting someone face to face in your home state, there would be no way to know where the buyer lived.

If you were delivering it in person to their state, I would not do it personally.

Just wait for a gun show and sell it there for a few hundred extra.

JMO.

"Any shipper who does not have a Federal Firearms License (FFL) is considered to be an 'unlicensed person'. This section contains information on how unlicensed persons can ship firearms. If you have an FFL, please skip to the next section for shipping suggestions.
The most important thing to know is that you must only ship guns to a licensee. If the buyer is not a licensed dealer, he will have to make arrangements with a dealer in his state to ship the item to.

Before you ship a gun, the buyer must fax or mail you a copy of the licensee's signed FFL license. You can only ship the gun to the address on the license. You must inform the carrier that the package contains a firearm. Of course, the firearm cannot be shipped loaded; ammunition may not be shipped in the same box. You should take the copy of the signed FFL with you when you take the item to be shipped in case the shipper wishes to see it."

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 01-23-2013 at 11:17 AM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote