View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
start with a heated pan on medium to high heat with grape seed oil... it has a very high flash point so it will not smoke and burn. we will cook the steak in a little too.

DO NOT ADD SALT.. it was draw water out of the onions and they will not caramelize... they will steam.

flip them in the pan every min until they start to caramelize.

after 3-5 min you will add the brussel sprouts

now we cook the ribeye on a cast iron pan that has been set to high and been heating he whole time.... we need it as hot as can be honestly. add about two table spoons of the grape seed oil and let it heat for 15 seconds then throw the steak right onto the oil (the steak was seasoned with a tad bit of fresh ground pepper and a little bit of chef pauls meat magic seasoning. pic all the way at bottom)

let the steak go and only flip it once after it has been on the pan for about 2-3 min....

once you pull the steak off the pan you MUST let it rest for at least 3 min to allow the juices to re-distribute. i also throw a aluminum foil tent over it

after the onions and brussels have been cooking for 5-7 min and the bruseels have developed a medium amount of "char" add the mushrooms....

after 3-5 min with the mushrooms it will all look like this... i also added the garlic you see in the pic about 1 min before it is all done cooking

and i guess i forgot to take a pic after it was all plated

i was too hungry but the steak was medium rare and everything was coooked perfect

here is all the spices i used minus the 3 cloves of chopped garlic pictured above

only pans you will need

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote