View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystert View Post
The forum isnt dead, its just full of a bunch of inexperienced fools for the most part(there are still a few that know what they are talking about). They go ahead and regurgitate what others say whether its right or wrong. If you go and post in General Forums be prepared for the BS that follows. The flavor of the week is currently "Maintenance", and the answer to How do I go about doing "insert anything here" is always, replace your cooling system or replace your entire suspension, if you dont have the money to do it then sell the car cause your cant afford it and are probably a college kid who doesnt deserve a BMW anyhow. It kinda sucks but its what we are stuck with. There is a lot of info here allready. Searching for old threads keeps you from pulling your hair out when peanut gallery responds to your tire vibration problem with "Your suspension is shot, spend 2000$ and replace the entire suspension"

Good Luck
That's a little harsh...but maintenance has been a flavor of the week for many years.

You do save yourself much trouble by fixing systems and not just parts, especially if you're not a mechanic. Those who ask, rarely are, so 'replace it all' is actually a cheaper way for many to get better results...of course, not always.

A monkey can change a part, but you need to have a good bit of experience to diagnose a particular issue. I think General does pretty well in helping to get poorly or non-running cars in much better shape.

Mystert, I think you should redo your entire cooling system and suspension now, just to be safe!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote