View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #366
daniel_f.

My Ride: 330iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ime46 View Post

my questions are the following.

1) how can i backup (dump) my in-car DME so i have the rolling codes for my in-car DME. I don't mind it if it take place on bench or though ODBII cable
Not possible

Quote:
2) swap the EEPROM (which one) from my Old DME to ebay "Used" DME so it matches my EWS rolling codes and i can drive the car. (is this possible?)
possible, but unsoldering and resoldering the AM29F400 is pretty hard stuff.

Quote:
3) use an in-circuit EEPROM programmer to replace the "Used" DME .bin file with my old DME's .bin file. So the rolling codes match and I can drive my car. (is this possible)
not possible

Quote:
4) How can you bring a used DME to "Virgin state" so you can just active and program it through DIS.

I am not a very rich e46 owner
but you have to be in this case. the needed software is ~5000$ and you will search several years for keys and cracks, if they exist at all.

do yourself a favor and search for an unused dme, they are out there and most of the time pretty cheap, much cheaper then virginizing a used one.

Siemens MS42 wiki!

Siemens MS43 wiki!

daniel_f. is offline   Reply With Quote