View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #25
always-there

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I'm missing specifically why you walked away from the car. No-one is going to do a major Inspection on a car when you are making zero commitment to it. They said they would do the Inspection if you bought it. Thats reasonable. Just get an independent PPI, then agree to buy contingent upon the Inspection being done before delivery.

Re: no records after 39K miles - that means it was done at indy shops - which is probably true of >95% of cars that old. Short of finding a single owner car (probably about 1% of M3s out there now) - I'm not sure how you plan to improve upon that.
So you're making the assumption that the car was well maintained? You would buy an m3 with only 39k worth of service history? It's an m3 pal, you can't go assuming the car is well taken care of. In case you missed it, they're powerful cars that often are abused; specifically why you would want to know more about it. It doesn't bother you that you'll only know what the car's been through half it's life? You sure are something. Good thing op walked away.
always-there is offline   Reply With Quote