View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #26
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis251 View Post
No as in they didn't know if it was done. The manager claimed the car was checked out by his service dept but could not say it has been done. Shouldn't that be tracked with the VIN once its done by a BMW dealer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy View Post
It can be tracked by VIN, ONLY if it was done by a BMW dealer. If it was done by an INDY shop, you can't track it.

The only way of knowing is getting back to the previous owner(s). Don't fall into the dealer's BS ...
This is so true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKBRUM View Post
Seriously not ever car out there is going to have a full paper trail along with it. That doesn't mean it is a POS. If you could make the purchase contingent on completion of inspection 2 I don't see a problem, especially if you negotiated a price your happy with.
This is what I would do. Reality is that the majority of cars out there won't have records or paper receipts....only from a true enthusiast will you have this...
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote