View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Fixed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
#1: Don't be the party that talks about claiming to be fiscally responsible. BE fiscally responsible. This should be the most important mantra, because they talk about fiscal responsibility a lot, and put it in action rarely.

#2: Stop talking about vaginas and rape. Period. (pun intended)

#3: Get off of the "gay marriage ruins the sanctity of marriage" shite. When Rush Limbaugh got married for the 23rd time, the sanctity of marriage was basically gone. No one is talking about forcing churches to marry gay people, either, so stop bringing it up as a talking point. Get off of pretty much any sexual orientation thing, why would a small, limited government involve itself in such personal matters anyways.

#4: Come up with some sort of meaningful immigration reform that doesn't involve either of these two things. A) closing the borders B) sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to come out of the corner. Might try a tall fences with big gates approach.

#5 Stop undercutting voter participation with that whole red-herring voter fraud screeds. Work on developing and appealing platform, policies and positions so that you would want more people to vote because they would be voting for you.

#6 Treat spending on defense programs with the same penny-pinching, squinty-eyed that you do for social programs.

I'm sure i'll think of some more, this was just a quick list, lol.

Me too, lol.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote