View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #28
LSM3

My Ride: E46 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PME46 View Post
Excellent! That's good to hear. Wasn't sure if I was going to do it yet or not but when my mate said he had the flash tool I figured why not.

I just have to get a consult cable for it. Any recommendations as to where to buy one? Ebay?
I wouldn't skimp on that stuff.

Find the ESS dealer in your state, or contact them direct.

They will send you your own flash unit which will download your current file, you send ESS that file along with any other supporting information about your car or settings you want (i.e. if it has modifications, or if you want certain features turned on or off - for example, i have sport mode memory on mine - so if i put sport mode on, it stays on until i press the button again and does not turn off when i stop the engine).

They will send you back a file and you use the flashing unit to install the tune.

The cost of all of this is not unreasonable (seems to be $771USD before postage, and the package is not big), so just buy the complete package from ESS and be on the safe side.

http://www.esstuning.com/products/ES...-Software.html. I used SouthernBM in Moorabbin (the master ESS distributor in Australia).

2006 CS M3 | ESS Tune : CSL SMG tune : Eisenmann Race : Eibach : Tekarbon
LSM3 is offline   Reply With Quote