View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #27
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblock020 View Post
I ordered the KYB Gr-2 for $312 and when it get a lil warmer outside ill jack up the car and see what condition the springs are. In case they do need to be replaced I saw Tein H Tech springs for $200.
The KYBs are not rally ment for shorter springs... they are a great substitute for original suspension, but thats about it.

if you are looking into lowering the car, look for something with long history of success like HR Koni and Bilstein... sometimes guys sell the HR kits slightly used for $400 (this includes the springs).

Consider your road conditions as well... I chose to stay at original sport suspension springs because the car handles great as is, and realistically, the firmer your car is the more items will be impacted by the road surface, and more items will begin to wear on you. If your GFs is a touring hight then get a set of sport springs with low milage (very cheap alternative) and use the KYBs... This will eliminate most of the gap and give you a good performance overall without braking the bank and sacrificing the ride.
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote