View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #2684
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
You make a pretty good point about conflicting instructions/techniques. I took a pistol course recently (after training with the Magpul DVDs for about a year) and there were a few such instances where techniques varied.

Being open minded, plus not wanting to be that jackass in class who does sh!t his own way, I tried to adapt. The resulting cognitive dissonance made me look like a retard when running certain drills, plus it slowed me down (took me about half the class to unlearn). FWIW, after the class I decided to keep a few of Magpul methods, because it made more sense to me (or maybe I'm just biased due to familiarity)

I checked out previews for all three instructors above and will probably decide on one soon, my only question is whether Travis is still teaching the proprietary techniques from the Magpul dvds? (since he has his own outfit now)....in which case I will skip his course.

I'm planning to train with a guy here locally (ex SF) who has some pretty good reviews (will eventually move up to the National training schools once I get up to speed)
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote